Prior to your holiday
- A deposit of 25% is required at the time of making your booking. For peak weeks a further 25% deposit is payable up front. These deposits are non-refundable so we advise that you take out personal insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances that might mean you need to cancel your holiday with Rêves de Montagne.
- Upon receipt of your confirmed booking (by phonecall or email) we will give you our bank details and send you a booking form. Payment must be in euros and can be made direct into our French bank account or over the phone via credit/debit card machine.
- Your booking is confirmed as soon as the deposit funds have cleared and your completed booking form is received. The person signing the form on behalf of your party is the person to whom we will address future correspondence and this “party leader”, who should be over 18, is responsible for your booking.
- Payment of the total booking amount must be received by us 10 weeks prior to your stay. If not received we reserve the right to treat your stay as cancelled and cancellation charges will then be applied – see below.
- Cancellations must be notified in writing via email by the party leader to Rêves de Montagne and receipt of that email must be acknowledged by us. The following cancellation charges apply:
- Up to 10 weeks before departure date – loss of the 25% deposit 9or 50% in the case of peak weeks)
- 4-10 weeks before departure – 50% of the total holiday cost
- 2-4 weeks before departure – 75% of the total holiday cost
- Under 2 weeks before departure – 100% of the total holiday cost
- If we have to cancel your booking due to any reason beyond our control all monies received from you will be refunded in full but no other compensation will be made.
- No compensation will be made where the cancellation or alteration is due to forces such as war, fire, floods, strikes, riots, natural disaster, political unrest or any other circumstances defined as force majeure.
On your holiday
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all guests and we assume that you have arranged insurance before you arrive at the chalet.
- Children are very welcome at our chalet but must remain under the supervision of their parents or a nominated nanny or child minder.
- Check-out time is 10am, check-in time is any time after 4pm. Earlier check-in of bags is available upon request.
- This is a non-smoking chalet. As the chalet is a wooden building the non-smoking restriction includes balcony areas. Our insurance conditions are very strict and a vital requirement is no smoking within the chalet or on the balconies. If any person in your party smokes within the chalet or on the balconies, the group leader will be deemed responsible if a fire breaks out and is proven to be caused by smoking.
- For consideration of guests with allergies, we do not accept pets.
- We are not liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience arising out of the booking contract and holiday. We will ask you to sign our release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement before you arrive for holiday with us. You can read that document here.
Booking conditions last updated 05 May 2016.